A LEADING toxicologist has spoken out about the dangerous effects caffeine can have with stimulants after it has emerged that a 34-year-old man died from caffeine toxicity.
Waterford Coroner’s Court found that the man, who had consumed caffeine tablets while he attended the gym, died in his apartment with a fatal level of caffeine and a high level of amphetamine in his system on April 30, 2018.
According to the Waterford News and Star, Coroner John Goff ruled the cause of death as caffeine toxicity after Dr. Nigam Shah, Consultant Pathologist at University Hospital Waterford, discovered the presence of amphetamines and a “very high” level of caffeine in his body.
The court heard that the deceased had been taking caffeine tablets and had attended the gym the night before he was found.
When consumed by humans, caffeine stimulates the central nervous system, and in moderate doses "increases alertness and reduces sleepiness", as described by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
Read More Article Source
Leave a Reply.
We will share any useful law news and legal updates.